Last updated May 30, 2023
Collection of Personal Data
When interacting with us through our website, seminars, emails, or any other channel of communication, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to identify you or the entity that you represent. This may include, without being limited to, the information you provide when:
- Purchasing or submitting an order to purchase our products
- Providing information at a trade show, congress or event
- Registering for a webinar or answering surveys
- Subscribing to communications
- Otherwise providing us your personal data in your contact with us
Personal data collected may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
- Company Name
- Order history
- Cookies and Usage Data
- VAT Number
Personal Data and Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third party sources who may not have a direct relationship with you, e.g. social media platforms, Google Analytics etc. Also, third parties who you have shared your personal data with, such as event or congress organizers, business or cooperation partners, may share your personal data with ProteomEdge.
ProteomEdge will not without your express consent provide your personal data to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Device and Usage Data
We may automatically collect certain information as you navigate around our website. This information may include:
- IP address
- Information about your device, hardware, and software, such as your hardware identifiers, mobile device identifiers, platform type, settings and components, and the presence of required plugins
- Approximate geo-location data (derived from IP or device settings)
- Browser information, including your browser type and the language preference
- Referring and exit pages, including pages viewed and other interactions with web content
When you use our website, applications or other services, we may use common information-gathering tools, such as tools for collecting usage data, cookies, web beacons, pixels, and similar tools to automatically collect information that may contain personal data. The usage of these tools will help us understand the usage of our services, to provide a more user-friendly experience, to measure the effectiveness of our advertisement, to ensure the best possible and secure experience on our website and to provide you tailored information on our products and services. The functionalities for which we use such technologies may include the following, without being limited to:
- Assisting you in navigation
- Assisting in registering for an account, for events, login, your ability to provide feedback or to communicate with us
- Analyzing the use of our products, services or applications
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising)
We use essential and non-essential cookies. We do not do this to track individual users or to identify them, but to gain useful knowledge about how our services are used so that we can keep improving them for our users. These tools use the technologies described below.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your internet browser or by your internet browser on your computer system. Whenever you visit our website, a cookie may be stored. This cookie contains a characteristic string which allows the identification of an internet browser on a device connected to the internet. This helps us and our third-party partners to recognize you on your next visit. We classify these cookies and similar technologies in the categories Necessary, Functional, Statistical and Marketing cookies.
- Necessary cookies: Essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- Functional cookies: Allow the website to remember your site preferences and choices made on the site including region, and language. They are anonymous and don’t track browsing activity across other websites. Functionality cookies can include first party, third party, persistent or session cookies.
- Statistical cookies: Collect information analytics; about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
Unless for technically required cookies (necessary cookies) and similar technologies, you can opt out of certain types of tracking, disable cookies, limit the categories of stored cookies by changing your browser settings. Alternatively, you can set your internet browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. For more information, please review the setting description of your individual internet browser.
We offer cookie consent tools to help you to manage your cookies which you can find at the bottom of our website. We may also use internal or third-party analytics, or marketing technologies in our services that may use the same or similar cookies mechanism.
Use of Personal Data
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Operate, improve and develop our products and services
- Assess and improve website user experiences
- Ensure compliance with our legal monitoring and reporting obligations, including those related to adverse events, product complaints and product safety
- Comply with anti-corruption and transparency obligations
- Manage and conduct events, including managing registration and attendance
- Handle contacts and customer support requests
- Help to identify and solve problems and issues you experience with our services
- Respond to your queries and requests
- Manage and send confirmations and information about your account, services, transactions or purchases
- Manage our contracts, contests, promotions and marketing campaigns
We have implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the personal data. However, no security measure, method of storage or transmission is 100% secure and hence, it cannot be guaranteed that your personal data is fully protected at all times. Your discretion is advised when sharing your personal data.
We only keep your personal data as long as required in order to fulfil our agreement(s) with you or as long as it is necessary for legitimate purposes.
Access to Personal Data and Other Rights
You have the right to:
- Access your personal data that we process
- Correct or complete your personal data
- Have your personal data deleted if there is no other legal ground for the processing
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer this data to another controller
- Object to any data processing conducted by us, unless we can demonstrate that our legitimate interests prevail or the data processing was necessary to assert, exercise or defend a legal claim
Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason. You may withdraw your consent at any time if and where the data processing is based on your consent. Please note that the withdrawal does not affect the compliance of any data processing that happen before your withdrawal.
If you like to know what personal data we process about you, or if you wish to exercise one of your rights above, please forward your request to our email address: email@example.com.
You also have a right to express your complaint to the relevant supervisory authority (in Sweden, this is the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY)) if you are dissatisfied with how we process your personal data.
Sharing of Personal Data
We work with service providers that may need to access certain personal data in order to provide their services to us. These service providers include companies that operate or support the technical infrastructure that we need to provide our services and assist in protecting and securing our systems and the services.
We will share your personal data with our payment processors as necessary to enable them to process your payments.
We work with advertising partners to enable us to customize the advertising content you may receive in connection with our services. Our advertising partners may process certain personal data to help ProteomEdge understand your interests or preferences so that we can deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you.
We share your personal data when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process, such as a court order or a subpoena. We also share your personal data where we in good faith believe that it is necessary for the purpose of law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation or protecting the safety of any person.
Place of Storing and Processing of Personal Data
Your personal data will primarily be processed within the EU/EEA but where necessary to fulfil the purpose of the personal data processing, processing may also be made in other countries, also outside the EU/EEA. The personal data may also be stored on servers outside the EU/EEA. If so, it will be ensured that the processing of the personal data is protected in an adequate manner and that processing is made in accordance with terms and conditions set out herein. Protection could for instance include appropriate contractual clauses such as model clauses approved by the EU Commission and other appropriate security measures.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither ProteomEdge nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which ProteomEdge shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to ProteomEdge. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of this website. Reproduction is prohibited other than for your personal non-commercial use in accordance with mandatory law.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that ProteomEdge endorses the website(s) and ProteomEdge has no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Sweden.